Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mission acomplished!

This isn't a shot to President Bush for his famous banner, no this is something I have been working on for over a year, and today, it will all pay off. Some of you may all ready know, but Marcy and I are on our way to Hawaii, right now. I've been telling her for a year that we were going to LA for my work, but the whole time I've been working on this secret trip. Marcy and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary this August, and this trip is in honor of that. Why am I going in January instead of August? Well, there are several reasons, the first is, it's whale season and I want to see a whale. Call me selfish, but that is my number one reason for the date choice. I hope that Marcy will feel the same way. The second reason, hello, it's winter in Iowa. Why would I go to Hawaii in August when I can use a Jan. trip to get out of the miserable cold. It is rainy season in Hawaii in Jan., but I'll bet you it won't snow. And I bet the rain won't freeze, that makes it worth it to me. Another reason to go in Jan., Marcy will never see it coming. I've had the house reserved for a year, the car reserved for just as long and I've had a Kauai tour book for 15 months. If I would have known then, what my financial situation would be now, I never would have booked it, but since I all ready had the airfare bought and half the house paid for, I figured it would be silly to waste that money. Here is a link to the house:


http://www.vrbo.com/31236



I've been in contact with the lady who owns it, and she seems really nice. We aren't on the beach, but we are close. All of the people who wrote reviews said it was quite and close to everything, so I was sold. Marcy has never been to Hawaii, and she deserves it, so here we go. It has been killing me to not tell her, but I hope it will all be worth it when I give her the tour book to unwrap and see her face when I tell her that we are going there, instead of LA. The house is supposed to have WiFi, so I will post from there, if I can. Thanks to all of you who kept the secret. I would especially like to thank those that have offered to help with child care while we are gone. I most certainly couldn't do it without you. When I was asked by someone at work about my "trip," I wasn't sure which one they meant. I realized at that moment, how lucky I am to travel like I do. I mean, the work stuff is fine, but I'm going to Hawaii now, El Paso in Feb. and South Africa in July. I love my life! Stay tuned for reports from Hawaii.

No comments: