Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, May 5, 2008

All right Lisa, I will cut you some slack, but to the rest of you, nothing for you at Christmas. (so, same as last year)



As I sit hear on a beautiful spring day in Iowa, no sarcasm, it actually is fantastic, I'm as happy as can be. Today was the day the drywall guys started the mud and tape job in my basement. This has literally taken me 5 years to get to this point, maybe longer. Not that I've worked on it solid, in fact, there were stretches that went a year or longer with no progress. Now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Today they covered the seams, tomorrow they will start the corner bead and hopefully at the end of the week, they will be done or very close. Anyone want to paint? It has been suggested that I rent a paint sprayer, maybe I will, but the boys really want to paint and this is an opportunity to set them loose. The floor is covered with paper, there is no carpet underneath and there is no trim to go around. The windows and door openings are covered with plastic and there doesn't "appear" to be very many areas that they can cause damage. Hopefully, the rest of the week goes as well. I'm never really comfortable leaving my house open to people I don't know, but so far I don't see anything missing, so I guess they are OK.



The guy I offered a job too, excepted. Another reason to be happy. He starts in 2 weeks and I can only hope that he is as together as he seemed during the interview. If not, he is a temp to hire, so I can decide not to hire him full time, if necessary. Hopefully that won't be the route we take. All in all, a good day.

No comments: