Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Now a funny story.

I was at a party for my nephew, Oakley, Friday night. All of my sister in-laws family was there and they are so much fun. They remind me of my own family, always laughing and goofing around. Some of us were sitting at the kitchen table, including Job, my sister in-law Mindy's brother. He went out to the back deck to get the ketchup from the kids table for someone who wanted it. As soon as he got outside, someone said "lets do something to his food." I didn't hear one person say no, including his wife who was sitting right next to me. We were having Manwich, so you can see the possibilities were slim. However, I'm sure your first thought was probably Tabasco, but that would be mean. So they started to pour Tabasco on his sandwich while his other sister Jolie kept him occupied on the deck. When they were done, they let him in and he sat down for his fiery feast. He was several bites in when I noticed him wiping his mouth rather frequently. We are all holding back the laughter and waiting with anticipation. Now he says a line I'll never forget, "I don't remember Manwich being this spicy." We finally let the laughter out and told him what they did. He thought it was hilarious, what a good sport. As I read this story back, not as funny as I had hoped, but if you were there, I guarantee you would be laughing right now.

No comments: