Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

I hope those of you that are mothers had a good day and I hope those that still have your mothers around, called them to tell them how much you love them. Since I lost my mom several years ago, Mothers Day is a time for me to reflect back on my life and the way it is because of how I was raised. I learned a lot of lessons from each of my parents, I had four, but I think the loss of my mom was especially hard. I can remember a few years after she died, I was up in a tree removing some branches that broke off in an ice storm. I was way too old to be up in a tree, but I didn't realize that until I was all ready up there and was trying to plot my way down. As I sat there, laughing at myself, I actually thought, "I need to call mom and tell her about this." That was at least two years after she died, so I know the reality of it still hadn't set in. I'm not sure it ever will. Finding out the day after her funeral that I would be loosing my dad as well, well that just sucked. Mom was always there for advice, and was a big part in my sense of humor. Now days, I don't have my mom to talk to or ask for advice, but I get to watch another great mother up close and personal. Marcy takes care of our boys like no other and is leading them down a path of life that I can only watch in awe. Her faith, that she shares with everyone she meets, is teaching our boys how to live their lives and how they should treat other people. She is the most loving and caring person I have ever met, and I'm proud to call her my wife.

I Love You Marcy!

4 comments:

CJH said...

Great post man!!! Losing a parent is really tough. A year and a half since my Dad died and I can relate...still have thoughts of "I should call Dad", or "I need to talk to Dad"...

Nice post though, really a good one...

Vickie said...

It's a shame that Mom was never able to meet Marcy because she would have loved her too. I still miss Mom so much but I know that we are truly blessed to have had her for as long as we did. She was the best!

Love you,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Love it Mark! Mom would be proud!!!! Sometimes I feel that she is near and I wish I could talk to her. I miss that. Love you brother.....Steve

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey, make me cry again!
Marcy
I wish I had met your mom also, someday! =)