Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Thursday, May 15, 2008

COME ON!!!!!

As cars in America have gotten bigger, the parking lot people have been asses and have made the parking spaces, smaller. I'm sure you have noticed if you drive a bigger vehicle, that when you pull in, you have very little door clearance with the car next to you. I've noticed this with my minivan at the big mall by us. You can't just toss open your door or you'll sure as shit knock a huge dent in someones door. I, myself, have brought my car size down to that of a matchbox car with my purchase of the Ford Focus, so parking isn't an issue for me. Even with my small car, I see the limited "extra" space I have when I get out. Now knowing this, when I find a parking lot that actually has wide enough parking spaces to fit today's cars, I notice that I don't have to get skinny to get out of my door. I found this dream lot at a local convenience store, of all places, the other day. Now with this large spaces, you'd think that everyone would enjoy these and have no trouble getting their car in correctly, so all adjoining spaces could enjoy the same wiggle room. Take a look at this guys attempt:
I know it's a guy, because I saw him in the store, and guess what he was doing? Talking on his cell phone. This explains why he couldn't center his medium sized car in a large space, but doesn't piss me off any less. I don't think it would have bothered me as much, if just three spaces down, another guy hadn't done the same thing. I finally find a place that gives you a luxury parking space, and a non-multi tasker (can't talk on the phone AND park his car at the same time) mucks it up for the rest of us. Come on people, put down the cell phone. Your life isn't that interesting that you need to share it 24/7, take a break, park the car, get a snack, then call.

2 comments:

CJH said...

I know I'm a Lutheran, but AMEN BROTHER!!! I, myself, have blogged about this before. I hate this and have often been tempted to photo it on my phone and put it on my blog!!

Last week I saw a young woman in a 2 door Accord (not exactly a big car) park just about like this, only slightly more crooked on top of it. She got out, walked around the car, looked at the parking lines, and as if impressed with her ability to make her stretch across two spots, walk away and go inside the building...

Anonymous said...

What if the person who was parked before them was parked badly and they didn't have a choice? Just playing devil's advocate, plud I am not a very good "parker"!
Marcy