Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, May 3, 2008

WOW, that stings!

I mentioned on my last posted that if you didn't hear from me, I might have died, or at least become violently ill, from a questionable yogurt. I haven't posted in over a week and not one inquiry as to my current health situation. Nice. Now don't send me emails claiming you saw me around town or "assumed" I was fine, seeing as you hadn't heard anything from Marcy. She'd be so busy figuring out how to spend the insurance money, there is no way she could inform you of what school she had donated my body too. (lets see if she reads my blog anymore, with that last sentence) As you can now figure out, I wasn't killed by spoiled yogurt, in fact, today's container looked worse than the last, and I ate it. Either yogurt can look pretty bad and still be good, or my stomach has hardened over the years with the constant supply of jalapenos I eat.

A few things going on right now:

1. I have been looking for a replacement for one of my guys at work. Well, I finally found one, so lets hope he excepts our offer soon so we can get him in place and fully confused before I'm gone for 3 weeks straight.

2. On that note, the week before I start my 2 week vacation in NC, I will spend in Buena Park, CA, working in a couple of my warehouses. BP is around the LA, Long Beach area. I'm looking forward to it, but it will be tough to be gone a week, then get home, pack and hit the road for 2 more weeks. I've complained enough about not being allowed to go to these warehouses, when they finally say OK, I can't really turn them down. I'll be back in BP in Jan., that's when Marcy will go with me to spend some time, just the two of us.(making castles in the sand, just the two of us, you and I)(Anyone get that was a song?)

3. Makiah has a friend, Jarret, that lives down the street from us. Jarret was kind enough to teach Makiah how to give the finger the other day, gotta love that. I know he would have learned it, eventually, but he is a kindergartner, can't it wait. I, myself, used to be an expert at the finger. In my old age, I've given up the habit for a couple of reasons. One, the fear of the dumbass I'm flipping off will flip out and kill me, over a/the finger. There are a lot of short fuses out there. Two, I actually feel it isn't worth the effort to raise my arm, extend the finger, and then yell the obscenities that must follow. Rarely is there a time where the finger is enough, and frankly, I don't have the dedication to the sport as I use to.

4. Mason has begun his second season of baseball. He had a game the other night and he actually hit a ball after the pitch bounced in front of the plate. Lisa, has Jordan ever hit a pitch that bounced in front of the plate? Apparently, Mason thinks he should swing at every pitch, including ones that are better suited for a game of cricket.(see my Jamaica posts to read about my cricket experience) I've tried to tell him to be more selective, but obviously, I'm not getting through. He had no opportunities in the field, since they put all of the kids out at the same time which means there are 6 outfielders and 100 kids in the infield, at least it appears to be 100. They can strike out this year, which confused Mason, so I'm not sure they covered that in their one practice. I did see an actual complete play with the batter hitting the ball to one of the right fielders, who in turn threw the ball to the second baseman, who was standing on first, for an out. Two batters later, with a guy on first, the ball was hit to the "pitcher" (he doesn't actually pitch, the coach does), the pitcher threw the ball to second base to get the advancing runner, but the second baseman was nowhere to be found. Thankfully, it wasn't supposed to be Mason, so I laughed. They might want to put tethers on these kids to keep them in the vicinity of their actual spot. Just a thought.
5. After a long 5 year process, the basement will be mud and taped on Monday. Holy crap, this has been a long time coming. The carpet is all ready in Des Moines, so I figured I better get the walls done so I can have it installed. We'll still have to paint, but I can do that, the mud I cannot. I've done little bits and pieces and after clogging my lungs with drywall dust, coughing up half a lung, I've decided to pay a professional. I'm hoping they can be done next week, we can get it painted quickly and be ready to host an MMA fight party on the 24th.

6. We went to a concert last week with Casting Crowns, Leeland and another guy that I forgot his name. Marcy and I are big Casting Crown fans, so this is probably the 5 or 6th time we have seen them. They are always good. The last time I saw them in Iowa, I showed you my seat, behind a poll.
This time, I can say was much better. We were in the balcony, but since there were so many empty seats on the floor, they were giving people the option to move down. We stayed up, it's much easier to see from above than trying to see over someone like me. Most everyone else in our area, however, moved down, making our area much better. The singers next to me were much better as well, my friend Joe on one side and Marcy on the other. I knew they could both read, since the lyrics are on the screen, so I wouldn't have the problem I did last time of the lady next to me singing the wrong words, very distracting. I found a new song that I really like, by Leeland. It's called Opposite Way.

That's it for now. Hope all are well.(not that I care:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that I didn't check on you over the yogart thing. I think Vickie had talked to you, so I took her word that you were ok. About the baseball thing, I would just be glad he made contact. I think he has talent to be able to hit the ball after it has bounced in front of him! Better than striking out! Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOW, can anyone help me make a plan, I guess there is a lot more insurance money out there I don't know about! Honey, I would spend the rest of my life grieving for you and I would become mom and dad--come on I would have to save that money for the massages and spa treatments or therapy sessions to keep me sane!