Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Get over it all ready!

Am I missing something? Do we not live in America, where you are allowed to have an opinion, and you can even express it? Even if your opinion isn't the "popular" belief? I think I've heard about enough of Miss California and how people are either pissed that she said what she said (her opinion/belief) or people or applauding her for the same. Is it really a big deal that this particular person thinks either way? Are our beauty pageant contestants now the deciding factor on a subject? Should we even have these pageants anymore, does anyone care? I remember watching them when I was a kid, and loving them, mainly because that was before I discovered Playboy and this was the most skin I could see that didn't involve a Sear's catalog, but I haven't seen one in years and have no desire (any of the above mentioned three). I applaud the woman for speaking her mind and not giving the answer she knew Perez Hilton wanted, but shouldn't it have been done at that point? If Perez wanted to vote for someone else, that's his choice, but is he sure the girl he voted for didn't feel the same way as Miss CA? He didn't ask all of the girls the same question, if the things I've read were correct. I saw Perez Hiltons foul mouthed tirade towards Miss California the next day and WOW, what an ass. I spoke about this in an earlier post, why would you think that yelling your opinion at someone will either get them to change theirs, or think any more of your opinion than when you weren't yelling it. I'm not against foul language, I think it can be a colorful addition to any conversation, but he was a bit over the top with the name calling, not really necessary considering her only fault, was not agreeing with him. To me, that's not a fault, it's a right. The parade got scarier when Donald "I'm not only the president of the hair club for men, I'm the experiment that went horrible wrong" Trump piped in with his support of Miss California, which is fine, but again, do we care? So he owns the pageant, good for him, but let it die along with that thing burrowed on your melon. His comments seemed creepy to me. He kept talking about how beautiful she is, which she is, but can we please get over this. Come up with an idea to feed millions of starving children and I want to hear from you. Look good in a swimsuit, please step to the back of the line, I've got better things to do. Is that my age speaking, because it sure isn't something I would have said 15 years ago.

No comments: