Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's the little things.....

There are times in my life, when I reflect back and realize, it's the little things that we need to focus on. I know, you hear all of the time, don't sweat the small stuff, and that is true. I'm talking about the little things that make us happy. Here is a very short list of the things that have hit me just in the last few days.

When I'm trying to think of someone's name, whether its an actor or a friend from long ago, and I actually remember their name. Even better, if I remember the name of the person I was just talking to without having to sit there with a dumb look on my face trying to figure it out.

Having one of your kids say they love you, and they don't want anything.

Sitting on my deck on a beautiful spring evening, sipping on a Snapple peach tea, talking with friends.

Waking up in the morning, in my bed, not a fold out cot with a napkin for a mattress at the hospital.

Getting an invitation on Facebook from a relative you haven't spoken to for awhile, to be your friend.

Working on the World Bouncy Ball Federation, it will be the newest craze to sweep the nation, or at least a very small part of Iowa.

Playing catch with Makiah in the front yard.

Seeing Max on the big screen at church, talking about his mom.

Going to get my weekly Friday morning donut in the break room at work, and there is one chocolate covered one left.

Having Mason tell you that some monkeys "throw their poop," while you are eating dinner.

Running two chats, one with your brother and the other with his girlfriend, on line at the same time.

Having someone tell you that the drivel you wrote on your blog, actually made them laugh.

Having your wife home, and in less pain than she has been in for two months.

Keep in mind, none of these are a joke, these are things that actually made me happy. See, little things. May your day be filled with little things.

No comments: