Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend stuff

Mason made a comment this past week, that was so Mason. He was asking me for something, that I had all ready told him no 100 times earlier, so I chose to ignore him on this request. When I said nothing, he said, "I will take your silence as a yes." After I quit laughing, I told him no for 101st time.

We went to church on Saturday night and the sermon was about mothers and mothers day. Our minister said that since they have a school, right in the church, that they would ask those kids about moms. Well Max goes to that school, so I waited to see if he was one they talked to, and sure enough, he popped up on the screen. They asked him, "What does your mom do for you?" Max said, "She takes me for walks and to see sharks." That is technically true, since we went to an aquarium this past summer and he got to see sharks and we even got to pet one, but it seemed to be an odd combo to share. The church laughed when he said it, I was so proud. He looked so cute up on the big screen bragging up his mom. I mean, as far as I know, the other kids moms don't even take them to see sharks. Weird.

We have fricking baby bunnies in our yard, for the 10th year in a row. The boys can't leave them alone, and I'm sure will give the poor little things heart attacks from being chased around and caught in little traps they made, that work. They have these bug cages and they put them near the bunnies then "guide" them into the traps with sticks or even leaves. I'm pretty sure this is illegal hunting, but not sure the DNR would bother to come by for such a violation of baby bunny hunting. They are the cutest little things, but damn, what am I running and damn bunny birthing unit? I'm pretty sure my neighbors yards are perfectly capable of holding bunny holes. I'm tired of finding these things while doing yard work. It's only a matter of time until I hit one with the mower or weed wacker and kids tend to look at you differently after they've watched you massacre a bunny family with a power tool. Don't say get a dog, like so many people have, because they did it when I had my German Sheppard, so that ain't a solution. Frigging rabbits.

No comments: