Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Are you freaking kidding me?

So we are back in the hospital, and I've learned a few things so I was a little more prepared this time.

1. Have cash, it makes eating at odd hours and in odd place much easier. Have small bills so you can get a soda at 2am when everything is closed.

2. Have all computers, phones and iPod's charged and charge cords ready to go at a moments notice.

3. Have the car gassed up, don't want to stop on the way to the ER for a fill up.

4. Have friends that are doctors who will call the hospital and have them waiting for you, room assigned, so you don't have to go through the ER hassle, very nice feature if you can get it.

Marcy was in a lot of pain, so we brought her back down and she was admitted at 11pm last night. As I write this at 1am, we are waiting for them to get her for x-rays, but she just got a shot of morphine, so she is finally resting. I, on the other hand, am fully engaged in finding more things to steal. Last time we left I took a plastic syring thing that the boys now use as a squirt gun, several rolls of tape that they left in the room and a bunch of the mouth sponge swab thingys. I'm thinking about trying to get one of the IV pumps out, but I'm not sure what I would do with it, so maybe I can find something more practical. We are in a shared room and as I tried to get Marcy some music on her iPod, the thing was turned up as loud as it would go, so I'm sure our neighbor will be glad when I am gone. I'll be glad as well. I'm putting in a request for my own parking space, I think I deserve that.

No comments: