Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A live ass beating

Friday night, I got to do something that I really enjoy, hang out with friends and watch guys beat the hell out of each other. It wasn't my friends that were beating the hell out of each other, no, these were guys who actually signed up to hit and be hit, it was an MMA match. Its a local circuit which I've watched before, so I was familiar with a few of the fighters. It's not the same quality of fighter that you find in the UFC, but some are pretty good and its entertaining, regardless. I think the most interesting part is the people watching. The crowd that shows up at an MMA fight is mixed, to say the least. I think the most interesting part is, there are just as many women as men. Some are there with their boyfriends/husbands, but there were also groups of just women. I'm guessing by their outfits that they weren't there to just watch the show. There were several things that were in abundance.

1. Muscles
2. Visible tattoos
3. testosterone
4. Cleavage

There was a girl there wearing a VERY short skirt and a bikini top, that shouldn't have been. Her belly was laying over her skirt. Now, I'm not saying she can't wear a bikini because she is a bit over weight, but I'm saying you might want to re-think the decision if you are going to an indoor event in April. What's wrong with a t-shirt and jeans, always a favorite of mine. I saw another girl wearing a tube top with a sleeveless jacket that was fur trimmed, nice. There was one fighter that I have seen probably 4 times. He goes by the nickname "Minivan," mainly due to his size. When I saw him this time, I could hardly believe it. He had gone from 235 pounds to 188 pounds. He was still a little soft in the middle, but that is a lot of weight to lose. He won again, which gives him 43 wins for his career, with just 17 losses, and that is a lot of time getting punched in the face.

No comments: