Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

Two funny things heard from my kids last night. Mason was getting ready for a shower and was dancing around in the bathroom singing, "I'm a man, I'm a man." I went in and asked him why he was "a man" and he said, "I have hair growing under my arms, so I'm a man." I asked him to let me see and he showed me some bumps made from dry skin, that he thought was hair coming out. I told him, growing hair under your arms doesn't make you a man, it's the way you act, the way you treat people and the things you do, trust me, hair has nothing to do with it. I told him, if you really want to be a man, get a job. Conversation was over, don't think he wants a job just yet.

I'll try not to get to graphic, but Makiah was using the bathroom in my room, and I could see him in the mirror making faces at himself as he sat there. Then, he said, "I'm shooting out walnuts." Where he comes up with stuff like that, I have no idea, but I thought Marcy was going to blow her stitches she was laughing so hard. If nothing else, kids are entertaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are a hoot! I know you have no idea where they come up with this stuff, but they live with you so they are bound to come up with off the wall stuff. It's just part of their DNA. Thanks for the laugh! Love you, Vickie