Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, April 4, 2009

I think I need new glasses

I thought I had it all figured out, child care all lined up for this weekend and I was going home to get Makiah and take him to his first soccer game of the year. I rushed home and told him to get ready for his 1pm game. I pulled out the schedule to figure out the field and low and behold, the game is on Sunday, not Saturday. Apparently, when they put Sun. on the schedule, that means Sunday not Saturday, weird. Now that I had Makiah all pumped up for soccer, I decided to go outside and play with him, since I was planning on being away from the hospital anyway. That was fun and he probably needed the attention. The temps are dropping and the heavy breathing and colder air gave my lungs a bit of a burn, but it was probably good for them. I went inside and learned that Mason had hurled all over the floor, DAMMIT!!! I cleaned up the puke, showered, went to the grocery store, did a load of laundry, ate my lunch in the car so I could have some peace and quiet, then drove back down to the hospital. I'm going to need a vacation after all of this, oh wait, I have zero days off left at work, guess that ain't going to happen:)

I got to have lunch with a friend the other day who came down to the hospital to sit with me. I met her on my first mission trip and we went to Mexico the first year as well. Since then, she was on a medical ship and in Liberia doing mission work. It was great to talk to her and flash back to our trip to Appalachia and Mexico. She is on her way to Africa in a few weeks and will be there for 7 weeks in the same place I will go in July. I asked her to keep in touch so she can tell me what the place is like. She has a great heart and I'm proud to know her. I think her ultimate goal is to open a clinic in Africa, go Michelle! My friend Bobbi is back in the USA fundraising for her next mission in Botswana. I have a link to her South Africa blog on the right of this blog, so check it out. If you are ever looking for a specific person to support, not necessarily a organization, Bobbi is a good one and if Michelle gets set up, I'll link to her as well. Everyone has been so generous in giving to me, that you might be tapped out. Cool, just remember, if you fall into some money, get a good tax return or just want to increase your giving, look at these two ladies.

Update on Africa. As you may remember, my goal was to raise $4000 for my trip to South Africa. I'm happy to say, with all the help I received, I have reached my goal. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I even have a little buffer in case the airfare goes up, which it has recently. Anything left over, I will use for Juarez next year, or El Paso, which ever we do. I have been reading that things are better in Juarez, so pray that continues.

Marcy has been up walking yesterday and today. She just got back from a 3 lap walk around the floor, what a studette.

No comments: