Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Saturday, April 4, 2009

A few more

So a few more things about the hospital.

1. They have free Wi-Fi, so I'm not as bored as I would be without it.

2. I have this to look at several times a day, cool!

3. The food is surprisingly good. I had nachos tonight that were pretty good, although I'm sure I jacked my price up by adding all of the jalapenos, because they charge by the pound, but good none the less.

4. We have received some beautiful flowers, both this trip and the first trip. The nurses comment on them every time they come in the room.

5. I am beginning to learn my way around this hospital. If you have never been here, let me give you a little tip that will help you if you ever have to come here. Pay attention to the floor you get OFF of the elevator on. Don't think that because your room is on floor 5, that if you walk awhile and get on an elevator in a different section, that you are on the same floor. I learned this when I went from floor 5 in the Younker building, over to the elevator in a different building, without using any stairs. Turns out, I was now on floor 1. Well excuse me for not figuring that out. I went down to the cafeteria, got there fine, but when I tried to get back to our room, and got off the elevator on floor 5, I knew I was in trouble. Ever gone out a door (like at a big mall), looked around and realized that you have no idea where you are? Welcome to my evening. I got off the elevator on floor 5 and realized my dinner was going to have to wait a bit longer. I finally found the signs on the wall and made it back to my room and my food was still luke warm.

1 comment:

CJH said...

#5 - been there, done that. I got off the elevator (same hospital you are referencing) and I was in a hallway full of doors with no handles on them. It felt like the Matrix or something. It took me 20 mins to find my way back to Michelle's room! I should have taken the blue pill...