Welcome

"We all die in the end, but there's no reason to die in the middle."

playwright David Mamet

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Third times the charm

So another night of no sleep. Sat up in a chair for the last time, I don't give a shit, I'm taking a bed next time. Somebody is sleeping in a chair, but it won't be me, it will be the poor sap whose bed I steal. I moved over to a couch for a good 20 minute snooze, but the couch was only long enough for my torso, so my neck was wrenched on one end and my legs hung over the other, so they fell asleep. Shared rooms? Really? In 2009? This sucks. I had to listen to our room mate snore, which actually made me feel like I was in El Paso/Juarez, and some old guy a few doors down hit his nurses button every five minutes to complain about something. First, he wanted his blood sugar checked, then he said he had leg cramps, then he wanted to get up (which they told him he couldn't) then he wanted his ass rubbed, or something, I couldn't quite hear that one. I couldn't sleep, but I couldn't watch TV either because the TV was on the other side of the room and I didn't figure our neighbor would appreciate me watching a movie at 2am. I'm hopping this is the last time we are here, although, I think we now have enough frequent flyer miles for our 4th stay free. I'd like to save it up for my mental breakdown, but not sure I can hold out. I may need to use up those points for free meals at the cafeteria. Still waiting on course of action for Marcy.

No comments: